Nursing is a satisfying and rewarding career. The Practical Nursing Program offers you the opportunity for an exciting and good paying career. The requirements for admission to the Practical Nursing Program are a high school diploma or a GED, passing the entrance exam and your desire to make a difference. You will be taught all the essential information you need to succeed in this program and pass the National Council licensing exam when you complete.
Federal Pell Grant Recipients
75% of students recieved Federal Pell Grant monies during the 2011-2012 scool year.
The Practical Nursing Program:
- accepts two classes per year; each September and March.
- is a 52-week course that takes 15 months to complete.
- is a full-time, Monday through Friday, adult program.
- was established in 1959 as part of the Adult Education Program of the Wilkes-Barre Area School District.
- students may be eligible for Financial Aid; PELL grants, Federal loans and scholarships. Information on financial resources is available from the Financial Aid Office (570) 822-6539 Ext.137. Financial assistance may also be available from Luzerne County Human Resources, Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry or the U.S. Veterans Administration.
- graduates meet the educational requirements required to take the State Licensing Exam for Practical Nursing in every state and territory of the United States.
**Further Program or Financial Aid information is available from the Program Director, Assistant Director and Administrative Manager.
© 2013 Wilkes-Barre Area Career and Technical Center Nursing Program. All rights reserved.
Designed & Hosted by NEPA Technology Group