Nursing is a satisfying and rewarding career. The Practical Nursing Program offers you the opportunity for an exciting and challenging career. The requirements for admission to the Practical Nursing Program are a high school diploma or a GED, passing the entrance exam and your desire to make a difference. You will be taught all the essential information you need to succeed in this program and pass the National Council licensing exam when you complete.
2019-2020 Progam Outcomes Data
- NCLEX pass rate - 80%
- Program Completion Rate - 56.72%
- Job Placement Rate - 85.42%
National Center for Education Statistics
Federal Pell Grant Recipients
77.93% of students recieved Federal Pell Grant monies during the 2018-2019 school year. In addition, the majority of students are eligible for other financial aid resources.
The Practical Nursing Program is a:
- 52-week course that takes 15 months to complete.
- Full-time adult program sponsored by the Wilkes-Barre Area Career & Technical Center.
- Program that was established in 1959 as part of the Adult Education Program of the Wilkes-Barre Area School District.
- Program Catalog
© 2021 Wilkes-Barre Area Career and Technical Center Nursing Program. All rights reserved.